A two-day event featuring the best local and international artists at the one and only CTICC in Cape Town!
Cape Town International Jazz Festival (CTIJF) is the flagship event for the leading events management and production company espAfrika, which has staged and produced several world-renowned events.
Affectionately referred to as “Africa’s Grandest Gathering”, the Cape Town International Jazz Festival (CTIJF) is the largest music event in sub-Saharan Africa. The festival, now preparing for its 17th year, is an annual event famous for delivering a star-studded line up. This proudly South African produced event is hosted at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) each year on the last weekend of March or the first weekend of April.
The festival annually boasts 5 stages with more than 40 artists performing over 2 nights. The programming – unique to the CTIJF is made up of a 50/50 split between South African artists and international artists respectively. The festival hosts in excess of 37, 000 music lovers over the 2 show days.
Some of the artists performing this year are:
- Darren English (SA/USA)
- Deepak Pandit, Marcus Wyatt and Ranjit Barot (India / SA)
- Dope Saint Jude (SA)
- En Vogue (USA)
- Escalandrum (Argentina)
- Ernie Smith (SA)
- Gretchen Parlato (USA)
- Jonas Mosa Gwangwa & Friends (SA)
- Jazz Funk Soul with Everette Harp, Jeff Lorber & Paul Jackson Jr. (USA)
- Judith Sephuma (SA)
- Laura Mvula (UK)
- Mandu Dibango and Moreira Chonguica (Cameroon / Mozambique)
- Rudresh Mahanthappa Bird Calls (USA)
- Siya Makuzeni (SA)
- Sekunjalo Edujazz Band (SA)
- Skyjack (SA / Switzerland)
- Soweto String Quartet (SA)
- Taylor McFerrin and Marcus Gilmore (USA)
- The Rudimentals (SA)
- Tune Recreation Committee – TRC (SA)
- Vudu (SA)